Liz Twist MP is seeking to appoint a full-time Parliamentary Assistant to support her role as the MP for Blaydon.
The position would suit flexible, proactive, proven campaigner who can act on their own initiative.
Key to the position will be your ability to absorb new information, organise events, draft press releases and briefings. You will have excellent research and communication skills and social media will be an important part of the job.
The successful applicant with be a self-starter, have good knowledge of politics and a good understanding of local issues relating to Blaydon constituency.
Experience of working in public services or the community and voluntary sectors is desirable for this role. Specific hours of work are to be agreed and some work in Westminster may be required.
Job title: Parliamentary Assistant
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Location: Based in Blaydon constituency
- Leading on constituency campaigns
- Managing constituency projects
- Undertaking research and preparing briefings for the Member
- Deal with complex casework issues and advising the Member
- Liaise with constituents and internal and external stakeholders
- Draft press releases and articles for local media
- Update online media channels including the Member’s website and social media channels
- Develop and maintain knowledge in specialist areas as required by Member
- Support the Member’s work on APPGs
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Good organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly, proactively and independently as well as part of a team
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. Salary is in line with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date for application: 5pm on Friday 6 August 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 9 August 2021
Start Date: September 2021
To apply for this position please email your CV (2 pages max) with a covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for this role to Judith Turner, Office Manager on email@example.com.
Please include “Parliamentary Assistant Job Application” in the subject field of your email. For further information telephone Judith Turner on 01914142488.