Ofcom has announced improvements to the rules which apply to all UK communications companies, relating to areas including nuisance calls, complaints, billing, debt collection, disabled people and vulnerable customers.
In summary, Ofcom has decided to:
- introduce a new requirement for all communications providers to have clear, effective policies and procedures for identifying vulnerable customers
- ban ‘phone companies from charging for caller display facilities,
- require all communications providers to offer disabled users access to priority fault repair, third party bill management and accessible bills.
- strengthen the complaints handling rules
- require broadband and mobile companies to have fair and transparent debt-collection and disconnection practices in place, and
- extend current rules on billing accuracy.
Click on the following link to watch a video from Ofcom that gives tips on how to reduce the number of nuisance calls you receive.